Connecting Patients and Healthcare Providers
Connecting with your patients doesn’t only happen inside the office. Medical Web Experts’ Bridge Patient Portal is designed to help physicians build their practice by developing strong relationships with their patients.
Bridge Patient Portal is an easy-to-implement patient engagement solution. Features like online appointment requests, refill requests, bill pay and medical records enhance care and communication between provider and patient. By improving the patient experience, health organizations enjoy increased revenue and improved patient care measures. The patient portal is fully compliant for Stage 2 Meaningful Use, making it easy for practices and hospitals to add on the additional functionality for full attestation.
ONC Certified Portal
Our portal is certified by the ONC, which designates that the software is capable of supporting healthcare providers with Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use measures.
Our portal passed rigorous testing from ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verison that provides vendor-neutral testing and certification for the ONC.
WATCH the 1-Minute Bridge Patient Portal Overview
Bridge Patient Portal Features
Make your organization’s staff more productive and offer your patients greater convenience by automating the appointment scheduling process. Bridge Patient Portal organizes doctors’ appointments all on a user-friendly platform that allows patients to select their doctor and preferred visit time from a list of available appointment slots.
Because our patient portal is completely customizable, you can establish the types of appointments your patients can schedule and even prompt them to fill out your Intake and Health Risk Assessment forms online. You can also choose between two setup configurations that decide what happens once a patient appointment request is received:
- Automated. If your organization chooses the automated configuration, appointment requests will be automatically scheduled once the patient clicks “submit request.”
- Semi-automated. If you choose the semi-automated configuration, a designated person in your organization will receive notification of the appointment request once the patient submits it. The individual (or group of users) can review the appointment requests when it is convenient and change the status from “pending” to “scheduled” to confirm. A notification will then be sent to the patient.
Patient Health History
To achieve the best possible treatment outcomes for your patients, you need them to be involved in their care. With Bridge Patient Portal, this is finally possible and easy for your patients to do. Using the Patient Health History (Online Medical Records) feature, patients can update and manage their medical information. They can enter conditions and symptoms, note their status and specify when each one began. They can also make their health history more complete by easily adding past and current medications, family and social histories, and information about allergies and immunizations.
When a patient saves data in the online portal it is automatically reflected in their health history, allowing you to make better-informed decisions about their health.
A functioning patient portal is an integral piece of the Stage 2 Meaningful Use attestation process. Bridge Patient Portal is 2014 certified on 17 modular EHR criteria, making it an excellent choice for any healthcare practice or hospital to use in combination with their EHR software to receive federal incentive dollars.
Using Bridge Patient Portal alone, healthcare professionals can meet 45% of the base criteria for Meaningful Use. Paired with a certified EHR solution, Bridge can be used to meet 100% of Meaningful Use Stage 1 and 2 criteria.
Bridge Patient Portal is 2014 certified
Bridge Patient Portal was certified by ICSA Labs for 2014 Edition Module EHR/Ambulatory * ONC Health IT Certification which designates that the software is capable of supporting healthcare providers with Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use measures required to qualify for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). As of 10/3/2013, Bridge has certified on the highest number of criteria (17 modular EHR criteria) of any EHR-independent 3rd party patient portal solution. Bridge Patient Portal v1.XXXX, certification date: 10/3/2013, certification ID number: 130082R00 meets the following certification criteria:170.314
- (a) (3) Demographics
- (a) (4) Vital Signs, Body Mass Index, and Growth Charts
- (a) (5) Problem List
- (a) (11) Smoking Status
- (a) (13) Family Health History
- (d) (1) Authentication, Access Control, and Authorization
- (d) (2) Auditable Events and Tamper-Resistance
- (d) (3) Audit Report(s)
- (d) (5) Automatic Log-off
- (d) (6) Emergency Access
- (d) (7) End-user Device Encryption
- (d) (8) Integrity
- (e) (1) View, Download, and Transmit to 3rd Party
- (e) (3) Secure Messaging
- (f) (1) Immunization Information
- (g) (1) Automated Numerator Recording
- (g) (4) Quality Management System
What is Meaningful Use?
Meaningful Use Stage 1
Stage One stipulates that a healthcare provider must meet any five of the Meaningful Use Menu Set Objectives. One example: 10% of all patients seen are provided with timely electronic access (within four business days) to their health information.
Our Solution: All patient accounts are activated as soon as they register with the Portal. Providers can allow registered patients electronic access to their health information as soon as they like.
Meaningful Use Stage 2 for Small Practices
Core objectives #17: Use secure electronic messaging to communicate with patients on relevant health information.
Our Solution: Bridge Patient Portal offers a secure messaging system that allows each user to send messages to other users whom they have added as contacts in their profile.
Meaningful Use Stage 2 for Hospitals
Menu objectives (#2) Record electronic notes in patient records.
Our Solution: Using the Progression section, physicians can take notes such as identifying information and presenting problem; mental status and risk assessment; diagnostic impression evaluation; treatment goals, and more.
How can I receive federal incentive dollars with Bridge Patient Portal?
The process is actually quite simple. Submit an attestation request to ONC HIT here: http://oncchpl.force.com/ehrcert/. In most cases, our health organization clients use EHR software that does not have a patient portal or the patient portal is found to be unsuitable for their needs. In this case, the health organization notifies ONC HIT that they will be attesting with two systems (their current EHR and the Bridge Patient Portal). Upon completion of the attestation process the health organization will begin receiving the incentive dollars.
Online Bill Pay
Online bill pay is one the most popular reasons for healthcare practices and hospitals to adopt patient portals. The benefits are clear as realizing a strong return-on-investment is easy. Bridge Patient Portal is an excellent solution for your online medical bill pay needs.
Let your patients participate in secure online consultations, and generate revenue from those exchanges using Bridge Patient Portal’s advanced eConsultation technology. With eConsultations, treatment and communication can take place without the patient physically being in the exam room, creating a convenient and time-saving healthcare experience that can result in better health outcomes and higher patient satisfaction.
Bridge Patient Portal offers three simple forms of communication, allowing patients to schedule the following types of appointments:
- Secure messaging. Communication can only be initiated by the physician or office staff, but patients can respond. All conversations stay within the confines of the portal.
- Telephone call. All the patient has to do is select a date and time for the appointment and provide a phone number where they can be reached for the call.
- Video conferencing. As long as both the patient and physician have a webcam and an Internet connection, they can meet virtually and communicate in real time.
When it comes to billing, our healthcare portal can be customized to suit your needs and preferences. You can set an E-Consultation rate for each type of communication, for example, or set up a pre-pay credit system for patients to use towards online consults. Depending on your healthcare organization’s preference, your patients’ credit card information on file can be billed before or after their visit.
Minimize appointment cancellations and increase revenue by managing your calendar online and letting patients do the same. In the Calendar section of the Bridge Patient Portal, your patients can see a timeline of their care, both past and future. They can also set advanced 24-hour appointment reminder notifications to ensure that important doctor visits are not missed. Reminders can be created to be delivered via text message or email.
We recognize that all healthcare organizations are unique, so we have developed a product that can be fully customized to meet your specific requirements and preferences. Features within the Bridge Patient Portal can be turned on or off to suit your needs – and we can accommodate all types of requests. Our advanced product customization options include:
- Integration of single or multiple EMRs
- Creation of new patient intake forms
- Replication of existing forms for rapid adoption
- Customized layout, design and color scheme which includes your logo
- Integrated credit card processing
- Advertiser integration
- Patient education video modules
- Downloadable PDF forms
- and much more!
Customization to Fit Your Needs: Here’s an Example with History of Present Illness Forms
Maximize your EMR with the industry’s leading patient portal technology. Bridge Patient Portal interfaces with some of the most popular Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Practice Management systems. Our interfaces are supported through the most common interface standards and Bridge Patient Portal’s proprietary interface engine technology.
Enjoy some of the many benefits of an interfaced EMR
- Patient Registration No more patient registration form hassles. Now patients can register within the portal and fill out their health history forms online, prior to their visit or electronically in the waiting room with the data flowing into your EMR.
- Patient Demographics Patients can update their demographic information online in the portal ensuring that your EMR/PMS has the most up-to-date emergency contact, telephone, email, billing and insurance information.
- Patient Health Records Have your patients update their health history online as it changes so your EMR is always up-to-date with the most current information including current medications, allergies, surgical history and conditions.
- Lab Results Lab result access is the most common reason why patients use patient portals. With an interface to your EMR, lab results can be automatically sent to the portal once approved by a physician.
- Real-time Appointment Scheduling Now your patients can see what dates and times are available and schedule their own appointment online. This information can also be retrieved directly from your Practice Management System if a separate system is used.
- Prescription Refills Patient refill requests couldn’t be easier. Through the patient portal, requests are made and your EMR will be automatically updated.
- Vital Signs Whether at the physician’s office or at home, now patients and doctors can see the latest vital signs readings within their EMR. This includes blood pressure, BMI, blood glucose, heart rate, temperature, weight, or any other pre-defined readings. Graphs for each vital sign are also available. This is an excellent way to monitor a patients outcomes and deliver a higher quality of care.
Our methods of communication with your EMR include web services, SFTP and the Direct Project. We support the exchange of HL7 messages, XML files like CCD/CCR, and any other type of structured information.
We also support the exchange of common image and document files in our document manager:
Complete, Integrated Solutions for Portals, Websites, HIE & EMR
Bridge Patient Portal integrates seamlessly with all your practice management software and healthcare-related web programs, allowing you and your medical organization to retain complete control over the way you work.
Interface your portal with your billing system, your EMR, a Health Information Exchange system or any other third-party medical software you may use at your practice. It also meets HIPAA security requirements and can help your practice achieve Meaningful Use when integrated with your EMR.
Bridge Patient Portal can also be integrated with your practice’s website and marketing campaign, helping brand your medical organization and give your users a complete online experience.
Experts in Custom Patient Portal Solutions
Our portal is designed to be completely customizable, allowing your practice or hospital to choose and construct features that you and your patients need. Our experienced and specialized development team is prepared to customize any part of your portal, and our knowledgeable programming team will work with you to ensure that the patient portal software we build for you meets all the needs of your facility and specialty.
Bridge Patient Portal features both custom and pre-developed solutions for web and mobile devices, giving you and your patients the freedom to log in and use it from a PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Questions? Let our experts help!
Complete the form below or Call 866-932-9944 Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm EST.