Your Partner for HIPAA Web Hosting
Whether you’re hosting an app, portal, or website, your healthcare organization needs a hosting company that understands the challenges your business faces. Medical Web Experts is a HIPAA-compliant hosting provider that offers reliable security and performance, and can apply practical measures that give your organization the tools it needs to ensure 100% HIPAA compliance.
Our Commitment to HIPAA Goes Beyond Healthcare Web Hosting
The best way to save time and effort, and achieve fully compliant solutions, is to work within a fully HIPAA compliant structure that includes HIPAA web hosting. But complying with HIPAA regulations isn’t about just one thing – achieving full compliance requires a number of measures. Compliance is impacted by:
- How the app, portal, or website is developed. The workflows we build into your project are designed to safeguard PHI and meet HIPAA regulations regarding who is able to access this data.
- How data is stored and transmitted. Our hosting and monitoring system, the MWE Cloud, offers advanced security that meets all of HIPAA’s hosting requirements, while facilitating rapid and more efficient website development than other hosting providers can offer.
- The opportunities end users have to share data. We give your organization the tools it needs to lay the foundation for 100% HIPAA compliance, but it’s crucial for your staff to treat PHI appropriately. Even if the application’s workflow and and hosting infrastructure are 100% compliant, violations can still occur if end users are not following HIPAA regulations when handling PHI. Our development processes and workflows are designed to limit the potential for user error, but it’s important to educate your team on the proper treatment of PHI. Our Compliance Officer is available to consult with our hosting customers on any questions.
HIPAA compliance is more than just hosting infrastructure. Through HIPAA-compliant application development and hosting, Medical Web Experts gives healthcare organizations the tools they need to ensure 100% HIPAA compliance within their organization. The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of PHI collected and/or processed by Medical Web Experts is ensured via appropriate safeguards as specified under the HIPAA Security Rule. We sign Business Associate Agreements with each of our clients, and are regularly independently audited.
Healthcare Web Hosting Services
HIPAA Web Hosting via the MWE Cloud
We offer HIPAA web hosting via the MWE Cloud, a 100% HIPAA-compliant infrastructure that supports the websites, web apps, and mobile apps we develop. The MWE Cloud is a hosting and monitoring system designed specifically for faster, more efficient website and application development.
TLS certificates (commonly called “SSL certificates”) encrypt data in transit between the client and our servers, which prevents other entities from seeing what’s being transmitted. We follow the NIST’s SP-800-52 TLS implementation guidelines, which ensures the use of secure modern cryptographic techniques and adds additional security measures beyond what’s required for HIPAA compliance.
Our SOC (Security Operation Center) aggregates data from multiple monitoring sources in order to quickly detect security incidents and automatically block intrusions. We follow the CIS Benchmark and AWS best practices for continuous monitoring.
We comply with all HIPAA regulations regarding backups and disaster recovery to ensure that your data can be traced, audited, and restored if needed. We use highly available storage for secure backups, and our security monitoring procedures protocols protect patient data.
HIPAA Storage Solutions
Our storage platform complies with each state’s regulations to securely store and retain data that contains PHI. Audits and change logs are kept securely within distributed systems to deter tampering.
All our maintenance plans include automated updates to the libraries for projects that we build or host. Additionally, automated server patching constantly protects your project’s infrastructure from vulnerabilities.
Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) and DDoS protection
A web application firewall (WAF) reviews each request that the application receives, which helps protect against attacks from malicious actors. DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks can disrupt the normal usage of your application or website, and the DDoS protection provided by a WAF helps keep your apps running normally at all times.
HIPAA forms offer a secure, compliant way for patients to contact an organization online, request or schedule appointments through the website, or perform other functions. Our secure contact forms utilize a custom-built API to send forms securely and in a fully compliant manner. Our HIPAA-compliant forms are available for customers who develop with us, as well as for customers with pre-existing applications who require an additional form.
HIPAA-Compliant Healthcare Web Hosting Certifications
In addition to being fully HIPAA-compliant, our healthcare development and hosting services strictly comply with a broad range of additional important security and usability standards, including:
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- EU-US Privacy Shield
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act)
As all our projects are custom-developed, our hosting services are tailored to each project. We have the capability to architect solutions that comply with the following standards:
- HITRUST CSF
- SOC 2 Type 2
- ISO 27001