establishing a brand identity is one way to do so.
Here are five simple tips to get you started:
- Remember the three main branding objectives. 1) Help patients learn more about your organization; 2) convince them to choose you over the competition; and 3) make them want to recommend your organization to others.
- Focus on something that sets you apart from competitors and channel your message well. Make sure that it is a quality or service that matters to patients. Consumer research can give you some indication as to what patients look for in a healthcare facility.
- Capitalize on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Keep in mind that providing exceptional customer service after a misstep can be just as valuable as providing a flawless customer experience from the start.
- Know your organization’s core values and promote them. Do you offer free screenings, participate in health fairs, or sponsor fitness events? Let patients know about your involvement in the community, and encourage them to participate as well.
- Set up social media accounts and update them regularly. Doing so will give you an opportunity to show patients who you are and what you stand for.
Done right, a successful branding campaign can help solidify your position as an industry leader and as an organization patients know and trust.