The latest research indicates that 86 percent of consumers consider user-generated content, such as forums or blogs, a reliable resource for health information.
However, to get the most out of a medical or health blog, you cannot solely rely on regular subscribers or those who are already valued patients. Rather, you need to cast a wide net across the internet to pull up more interest in your content, your business, and in yourself as a high-quality content creator and industry leader. After your health blog reputation is built, the opportunities for growth are endless. Employing the following 10 methods can help you increase your online reach, traffic, lead generation and even patient flow:
- Use exciting titles. You want to choose titles for your blog content that will attract readers. Titles should look “highly clickable”, meaning that readers will categorize it as “must-read” content. The most effective blog titles are clear, concise, relevant, and intriguing.
- Include attractive images. It is important for your content to be as visually appealing as possible. Including images in all blog content is a must. Images should capture the main idea of the content and provide a relevant, eye-catching addition to the blog.
- Minimize keyword stuffing. Although keywords are important for search engine optimization and medical internet marketing purposes, it is important not to stuff your titles or content with keywords. This could lead them being too long and awkward-sounding.
- Optimize the keywords you do use. A keyword research can help you know which keywords your targeted audience are utilizing most. Then, you can create blog posts that target those keywords to attract the audience that would be most interested in your content. In addition, the more relevant blog posts are usually higher ranked on search engine results pages, and thus shared and read more.
- Relate to all markets. Create blog posts that appeal to all of your markets, not just your specific niche. For example, content including frequently asked questions and various health industry trends can increase the reach of your blog. This will position you as a trusted and credible resource and increase reader traffic.
- Share on social media networks. Sharing your blog posts on all the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn is an effective way to increase readership. You can join in on discussions on the various networks, provide thoughtful advice, and include your content URL along with the comment. Also, posting your content to popular social bookmarking sites, such as Digg and StumbleUpon, is another way to increase reader traffic, backlinks, and reach.
- Guest post. Sharing your blog content, or writing new, original content, on other affiliate blogs can help you reach a much larger captive audience. Many times readers will find your guest post, which most likely will link back to your blog, and become a reader of your blog. This is another great way to build your reputation as a credible source of information.
As more and more people are turning to the web for medical information, goods, services, and advice, blogs present health care providers a unique opportunity to connect and create a bond with their potential patients.