There are many reason why you should market your medical practice online. Some examples include:
- Gaining market share
- Increasing revenue
- Increasing patient volume
- Increasing online visibility in your area
- Addition of a new office location
Advertising can be expensive whether it is print or another medium. Advertising in general is a quick, impersonal means of reaching a large demographic audience with a certain message and/or product. You will reach people you may or may not consider as “appropriate patients”. Some people in the medical community may frown against using advertising methods and consider it gaudy and unprofessional. It is not to say you shouldn’t implement advertising medians within your marketing effort. However, there is an approach, a time, a place and a reason for doing so.
On the other hand, marketing, in particular medical internet marketing, is a way to educate your patients and refer physicians and the community about your practice and its services. It’s personal and targeted at your wanted audience. If used right, it can help you achieve your medical practice’s goals.
In today’s business environment, having a great marketing strategy is more important than ever. Below, are some quick tips on how to best market your medical practice online:
- Create and maintain your website. The best medical websites are the foundation of a good marketing strategy. You can use your website to educate your patients about your services, as well as to promote the message your practice wishes to deliver.
- Utilize search engine optimization. Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to increase your online visibility and search engine ranking. The easier your website is to search, the more potential patients will find and be able to use your services.
- Engage in social media. The internet has become the most popular method to research health information. Social media has become an important part of how your medical practice gets found online, as more and more internet users utilize social media platforms to find health information and providers, shares stories, and talk about their symptoms.
- Research the competition. It’s important for any company to understand the competition. All it takes is a simple Google search of the name of the competing clinic or physician. In addition, search for the keywords a real patient would use to hopefully find your services, such as cardiologist New York, and see what comes up. Whether your competition shows up or not, you are now able to get an idea of the playing field.
So remember, marketing is not a dirty word. When used correctly, it can demonstrate the value of your medical practice and influence the choices of your targeted audience. Health care providers should utilize the marketing methods that same way other industries do. Once your online presence is established, consistency, credibility, and connection will allow your health care or medical practice to grow and maintain it’s new found integrity.