Online content marketing is an innovative, crucial factor of marketing that is gaining popularity and success for many health care and medical providers, yet many companies aren’t incorporating into their current marketing schemes. Online content marketing is the creation of content that brings potential consumers to a business’s website and helps generate sales once a consumer gets there.
According to a survey conducted by eConsultancy, over 90 percent of people believe that online content marketing is something will become important within the next year. However, only 38 percent of companies have an online content marketing strategy. Even more shock is that 29 percent of marketing agencies say that they and/or their clients are not planning a content marketing strategy.
Many health care and medical providers decide not to participate in online content marketing.
Patients don’t research providers online.
- Studies have found that approximately 85 percent of purchases are researched online beforehand – and this is not different for patients looking for medical services. Google estimates that people use ten online sources before they make a decision. A website can allow potential patients to view your practice before making an appointment and the internet can be great to use for exposure to new patients.
- Content marketing generates content that places a certain provider within that research and encourages the patient to choose them. No business can say with certainty that no patients ever will use the internet to research them, and if that’s the case, they should be asking why.
Online marketing is pointless if a health care provider doesn’t rely on a website for its success.
- Many health care and medical providers don’t depend on their website for the bulk of their business and do just fine without one. However, these businesses are ideal candidates for online content marketing. If a business is successful without a successful website, imagine how much growth a successful website could create for a doctors practice or medical provider. Online presence is important for a medical provider, and these days with WebMD anyone believes they can gather information without professional help.
- Quality content is what makes online content marketing work so well. First of all, Google and other search engines are focused on the quality of content more than ever. Secondly, although social media networks treat all content equally, people will engage more in content that is of good quality.
The current strategy used for marketing is working just fine.
- A health care or medical provider may be happy with their current marketing strategies and may be receiving a lot of success from them – these companies probably don’t think they need to change their business model. However, these businesses need to ask themselves two things: 1) Is the competition doing it, and 2) Will the market change?
- A business still may be seeing success without online content marketing, but the facts are that trends are increasing towards online research. If a particular market expands into this sector and a business is not investing, then their competitors’ content will take their place and that is what the patients will begin to choose.
In today’s world, online presence is becoming equally important to online reputation, and a business can’t have one without the other. The reality of online content marketing is that when done properly, the benefits are endless – there are no good reasons to not participate. To read more on the reasons why companies choose not to invest in online content marketing, click here.